NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Being a Doctor is a moment of pride. It is a profession which rightly deserves the highest respect. Many students aspire to become a doctor. The profession of doctor assures the candidate of stability and respect in Indian society. But to become a doctor, the candidate needs to overcome the hurdles laid down by NTA and CBSE. To get admission into the medical stream, the candidate needs to secure good qualification marks in NEET exam. NEET – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a three-hour offline exam which is conducted by National Test Agency. Various eligibility criteria are laid down by the organizers in order to qualify for the exam. Here we are sharing eligibility criteria for NEET 2019. Read them carefully and check if you are eligible for the exam.
Also Read: NEET 2019 Application Form Correction
The students are required to achieve all the eligibility norms laid down by the organizers. These criteria include Educational qualification, Age Limit, Nationality, Maximum attempts and qualifying marks. Check if you are fulfilling all the criteria:
The students appearing for NEET 2019 should first check the academic qualification. National Test Agency has specified the factors regarding educational criteria. Check the required educational qualification here:
- Students appearing for Class 12 exam in 2019 or those who are waiting for the result are eligible to fill up the NEET 2019 Application Form. The student also needs to qualify the exam with the required percentage. If he/she fails to qualify, his/her candidature will be canceled.
- Students who have appeared Senior Secondary Education / Indian School of Certification must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as the core subjects.
- Students who have passed the Pre-medical or pre-professional exam with Chemistry, Biology, Physics and English.
- Students who have qualified the Pre-degree or Intermediate exam offered by Indian University or Board with Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English.
- Students pursuing the 1st year in three year degree course from any university with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English.
- Students who have qualified B.Sc degree from any Indian University with a minimum of two subjects from Physics, Biology, Chemistry.
- Students qualified class 12 exam from National Institute for Open Schooling and State level Open Schools with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects.
As per the National Test Agency (NTA), the candidate must be 17 years old at the time of an exam or before 31st December of the academic year. The maximum age limit for appearing for NEET 2019 is 25 years for open category.
|Unreserved category||Born on or between 7th May 1994 and 1st January 2003|
|OBC/SC/ST/PH category||Born on or between 7th May 1989 and 1st January 2003|
Number of Attempts:
The candidate can give any number of attempts within the prescribed age limit. Earlier CBSE had set a limit of 3 maximum attempts but Supreme Court of India overturned the decision to any number of attempts.
|General Candidates||9 times|
|SC, ST and OBC Candidates||14 times|
- Candidates must have qualifying marks individually in following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- For open category, 50% aggregate marks in 12th exam in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject is a must.
- For candidates of SC, ST and OBC categories, 40% aggregate marks in Chemistry, Physics and Biology is a must.
- For candidates with physical disability in the lower limb, 45% aggregate in PCB for open category and 40% for reserved category is a must.
Minimum Required Marks in Class 12 Exam
|SC, ST and OBC||40%|
|PH and PWD (Unreserved)||45%|
|PH and PWD (Reserved)||40%|
- Candidates with Indian nationality, NRI and overseas citizens are eligible to appear for NEET 2019.
- All Indian citizen need to provide Aadhar Card number while applying for NEET 2019. The application forms without Aadhar number will be canceled. Candidates from Assam, Mizoram and Jammu & Kashmir have to provide Bank account number or government issued ID proof.
- For NRI, OCI, PIO and Foreign Citizen, they need to provide the passport number.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 15% All India Quota.