NEET 2019 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme & Syllabus – Every parent wants their child to be a doctor, engineer. They want their kid to be a well-respected person in the society. Many of the students opt these fields due to peer pressure while many opt due to their love towards this field. This makes the competition tough as millions of students appear for the exam out of which only 10% candidate get admission to well-renowned colleges of medicine. To get admission to the best colleges in India, the candidate needs to apply for NEET exam. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a medical entrance exam which is conducted by National Test Agency (NTA). The NEET 2019 is scheduled on 5th May 2019. The NEET 2019 Application Form is set to release on 1st November 2018. Here we are sharing the NEET 2019 Exam Paper Pattern along with Marking Scheme.
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
All the candidates appearing for NEET 2019 must be studying hard. But studying by knowing the exam paper pattern makes study lot more easier. By knowing NEET exam pattern, the candidate will have a clear idea regarding the types of questions asked in the exam, number of questions appearing in the exam with their marking schemes. So here we are sharing a complete NEET Exam Pattern below:
- NEET 2019 is scheduled on 5th May 2019.
- The exam will be conducted offline using pen and paper method.
- NEET question paper will comprise of 180 multiple choice questions (MCQs).
- The objective questions will have four options. The candidate is required to choose and mark the correct answer from given four options.
- To solve these questions, 3 hours will be allotted. (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)
- The question paper will include the question related to Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- The language of questions will be in English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Oriya, Kannada, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Urdu, and Telugu.
- Each subject will be given equal weight age. The question paper will comprise of 45 questions each of Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
|Section||No. of Question
NEET Marking Scheme 2019
The NEET marking scheme is one of the most discussed topics among students appearing for NEET. The marking scheme of NEET usually creates confusion among the candidates. So here we are sharing the NEET 2019 Marking Scheme which will solve all the doubts in your mind.
- The NEET question paper will be of 720 marks maximum.
- Each question will carry four marks. The candidates who answer correctly will be awarded four marks.
- The exam works on negative marking. For every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
- Candidates who mark multiple answers for one question will be eligible for one mark deduction.
- The candidates should carry blue/black pen to mark their answers.
Language of the Question Papers For NEET 2019
- The students appearing for NEET can opt for NEET Question paper in the following languages – English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada.
- The option of choosing the medium of question paper should be done while form filling process.
- The option once selected cannot be reversed or changed later by any candidate.
- The candidates who opt for Hindi or any regional language, the test booklet will be provided in selected language and in English.
- Whereas, the candidates who opted for English will be provided the test booklet in English language only.
- In any confusion of any ambiguity in the translation of any of the questions, its English version will be treated as final.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
We already shared above that 180 questions will be asked during the exam. All four subjects (Physics, Botany, Zoology and Chemistry) will have equal weightage of marks. 45 questions of each subject will be part of NEET Question Paper. If you have any doubt regarding the NEET Syllabus 2019, do refer the article which focuses in detail regarding the same.